At Edgewood Elementary we take great pride in maintaining a safe environment for our students, staff and parents. Please review our safety guidelines for each dismissal option below. Click HERE to view the Edgewood road map.
Drop-off and Pick-up (Cars only)
In order to promote a safe environment in the drop-off and pick-up line we need:
- There are two entry lanes to the Edgewood Loop.
- You cannot stop on Grove St.
- For arrival and dismissal line: Pull up to the stop sign by the bike rack.
- Parents should remain in their cars. If your student needs help exiting your vehicle, please pull into a parking spot.
- Students will enter and exit the car along the cones and yellow line.
- The Edgewood Loop is not two lanes, NO PASSING.
- Do NOT drop students off on Edgewood Dr., Grove St. or in the Board Office parking lot.
- Dismissal: Students will be called outside and will walk down toward the bike rack and enter their vehicle.
Back Door Walkers and Front Door Walkers
To keep our walkers safe we need:
- Due to moving traffic and congestion, parents need to meet their children at one of the designated student pick up and drop off areas for walkers (Back Door-crosswalk near Hickory Dr./Edgewood Dr. or Front Door-crosswalk near Grove St./6th St.).
- Parents should refrain from picking their child up at the front doors (Emergencies only). Please meet your child at the crosswalk and help them cross the road safely.
- Walkers should use all sidewalks and should not walk through private property.
- Students need to cross the road at a designated crosswalk.
Back Door Walkers
Our goal is to create the safest environment for our staff and students. In order to do this we need your help:
- Remind your child to walk on the paved path all the way up to the crosswalk.
- If you’re able, meet your child at the crosswalk and help them cross the road safely.
- We ask that parents who are parked on the West side of Wilderness Rd. to meet your child at the crosswalk.
- A staff member will be available if assistance is needed.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these building routines feel free to contact the Edgewood office at 937-578-6800.