At Edgewood Elementary we take great pride in maintaining a safe environment for our students, staff and parents. Please review our safety guidelines for each dismissal option below. Click HERE to view the map referenced below.
Drop-off and Pick-up (Cars only)
In order to promote a safe environment in the drop-off and pick-up line we need:
- We encourage parents to use Hickory Dr. as it creates a quicker/safer process (See Map-Entry Lane 1). Parents should remain in their cars.
- Students can exit the car on their own if they are on the curbside of the car.
- Staff will assist students who are exiting on the non-curbside of the car.
- The Edgewood Loop is not two lanes, no passing.
- Staff members will assist anyone leaving a parking spot.
- Do not drop students off on Edgewood Dr., Grove St. or in the Board Office parking lot.
- There are two entry lanes to the Edgewood Loop (See Map-Entry Lane 1 and 2).
- You cannot stop on Grove St. (See Map).
- If you are stopped on Grove St. please continue on and join Entry Lane (See Map)
Back Door Walkers and Front Door Walkers
To keep our walkers safe we need:
- Due to moving traffic and congestion, parents need to meet their children at one of the designated student pick up and drop off areas for walkers (See Map).
- Parents should refrain from picking their child up at the front doors (Emergencies only).
- Walkers should use all sidewalks and should not walk through private property.
- Students need to cross the road at a designated crosswalk.
Back Door Walkers
Our goal is to create the safest environment for our staff and students. In order to do this we need your help:
- Remind your child to walk on the paved path all the way up to the crosswalk.
- If you’re able, meet your child at the crosswalk and help them cross the road safely.
- We ask that parents who are parked on the West side of Wilderness Rd. to meet your child at the crosswalk.
- A staff member will be available if assistance is needed.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these building routines feel free to contact the Edgewood office at 937-578-6800.