We believe it is important for universities to look carefully at the individual applicant to see beyond class designations, which can sometimes be skewed in a competitive high school like MHS. Seniors will be honored at commencement based upon the following standards of academic achievement:
- Valedictorians:(Class of 2016 & 2017) 4.15 GPA (seven semesters) and above; 25 credits or more completed by the end of the senior year; 6 AP courses or more by the end of the senior year.
- Valedictorians: (Class of 2018 and beyond) 4.1 GPA (seven semesters) Transcripts will reflect 5%, 10%, 20%, and 50% of each graduating class.
- Summa Cum Laude: 4.000+ (seven semesters)
- Magna Cum Laude: 3.750 to 3.999 (seven semesters)
- Cum Laude: 3.500 to 3.749 (seven semesters)
Two Valedictorians will be selected to speak at commencements. Candidates will submit an application and speech to a panel of teachers who will make the selections.