Dear Mill Valley Families,
I hope you are having a wonderful summer! This year our office will be expanding "Back to School" information to an online format for the 2018-2019 school year. Parents will submit required "Back to School" information via the PowerSchool Parent Portal. The PowerSchool Parent Portal is the same program in which you access your child’s online report card. Please look for more information in early August via email or posted to this website.
If you are unable to access your PowerSchool Parent Portal, please contact your child's school office now or in early August for assistance. You can also utilize the “Forgot Username or Password” option, if needed. For your reference, To link to the Parent PowerSchool Sign In: CLICK HERE
Below, is everything you will need for "Back to School" success. Please feel free to read over the information, click on links, print attachments, and fill out any forms that pertain to you. Please note that one is required, while the rest are optonal.
As always, the office and I are here to answer any questions you have at any time. Please contact us at 937-578-6900. The office will be open 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. through Friday, June 8th. We will reopen Thursday, August 2nd, 8:00 a.m. -4:00 p.m. If you should need assistance after June 8th, please call the Board Office at 937-578-6100.
Wishing you a safe and fun summer with your family! See you on Monday, August 13th at our Back to School Night from 5:00-6:30 p.m. Our Kindergarten "Parent Orientation" Night will be Wednesday, August 15th at 5:30 p.m.
Yours in Partnership,
Amey McGlenn, Principal
2018-2019 Back to School Forms for Families
- Student Dismissal Information Form (REQUIRED, please print and complete)
- Student Photo Decline Form (optional)
- Student Directory Information Opt Out Form (optional)
- Student Administration of Medication Request Form (optional)
- Student Self-Medication Authorization Form: Asthma Inhalers (optional)
- MEVSD Volunteer Screenepointe Form (optional)
- 2018-2019 MEVSD K-4 Student & Parent Handbook
- 2018-2019 Mill Valley School Supply List
- 2018-2019 MEVSD District Calendar
2018-2019 Back to School Information for Families
- Back to School Night (Open House): Students come meet your teacher! Monday, August 13th from 5:00-6:30p.m.
- Staggered Start Days for Grades 1-4: students will attend school one of the following days
- Wednesday, August 15: Last names starting with A-G
- Thursday, August 16: Last names start with H-O
- Friday, August 17: Last names start with P-Z
- Please note that ALL students K-4 attend on Monday, August 20th
- Kindergarten Readiness Assessments (by appointment only): Assessment appointments are schedued for August 15th, 16th, or 17th. Please know that assessment appointments lasts for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Student Fees: Kindergarten = $44 and Grades (1-4) = $30 (can be paid in the Mill Valley Office, at Back to School Night or pay online using EZpay
- School Start Times: School begins at 9:05 a.m. Students may enter the building at 8:45 a.m.
- School End Times: Walkers and Bike-Riders are dismissed at 3:45 p.m. Car riders are dismissed at 3:50 p.m. Please note that Kindergarten and First Grade
students are not permitted to ride bicycles to school alone.
- Breakfast Times: 8:45-9:05 a.m. Not served on two-hour delays or Prime Times
- Breakfast and Lunch Prices: Breakfast $1.60 (reduced $.30), lunch $2.75 (reduced $.40) and milk $.65. Access lunch menus HERE