Marysville Schools takes student safety seriously and provides a safe environment conducive to learning for our students. Student safety is everyone's responsibility.
Here are just a few of the many steps Marysville Schools takes to ensure a safe place for kids:
- Collaboration with the City of Marysville regarding full-time SROs (Student Resource Officers)
- Collaboration with the Marysville Police Department so D.A.R.E. (Drug Awareness and Resistance Education) takes place for students at Creekview Intermediate School
- Patroling school property by Marysville PD and the Union County Sherrif's Department
- Regularly scheduled safety drills for fire, tornados, and other safety issues
- Yearly pedestrian safety assemblies provided to all of our elementary students by the Marysville Police Department and or the Union County Sheriff's Department
- Collaboration with the Safe Routes to School Committee
- Collaboration with the Drug Free Coalition of Union County
- Guidance Counselors assigned to every building to support students and families
- Annual internet safety presentations/education for students
- Ongoing collaborations with the Marysville Police Department, the Union County Sheriff's Department and Ohio State Highway Patrol in order to review and improve safety across the district
- Providing anti-bullying educational experiences for students
- Having an online system where students, parents, staff, and community members can report safety concerns such as bullying, threatening behavior against the district, a specific school, a student, a staff member, etc...
Semi-annually, public schools are required to post the number of confirmed incidents of bullying which occurred within the district. Click here
to access the 2018-2019 district report.
Bullying means any intentional written, verbal, graphic or physical act OR electronically transmitted acts that a studtn or group of students exhibit toward another particular student more than once and the behavior both:
- Causes mental or physical harm to the other student and . . .
- is sufficiently severe, persistent or pervasive that it creates an intimidating, threatening or abusive educational environment for the other student.
If you are aware of bullying occurring or are aware of other safety concerns, please call the building affected and talk with the building principal or submit an online report; please click here for the Stay Safe, Speak Up! hot button, which can be located on the left side of all pages of the Marysville Schools websites.
If you would like to review Marysville Board of Education policy in regards to bullying/harassment, please click here.
MEVSD Annual FERPA Notice: Student Records
Please click here to access MEVSD's annual FERPA notice in regards to student records.
MEVSD Annual Asbestos Management Program Notice
Please click here
to access MEVSD's annual Asbestos Management Program notice.
MEVSD Student Wellness Policy
The Marysville Exempted Village School District is committed to providing school environments that promote and protect children's health, well-being and ability to learn by supporting healthy eatin and physical activity. Click here to view the district's Student Wellness Policy.
MEVSD Meal Charge Procedures
Although it is the primary responsibility of the parent/guardian to provide their child a lunch, whether it is brought from home or funds to purchase one, Marysville Schools recognizes that on occasion students may forget, lose, and/or encounter a zero balance on their meal account. Click here
in order to view the district's meal charge procedures. If you have questions, please contact the MEVSD Food Service Department at 937-578-6181.
MEVSD Compliance Officer/Civil Rights Coordinator/Title IX Coordinator
Name: Jonathan Langhals
Title: Assistant Superintendent
Address: 1000 Edgewood Drive, Marysville, OH 43040
The compliance officer is responsible for coordinating the District's efforts to comply with applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, including the District's duty to address any inquiries or complaints regarding discrimination/retaliation or denial of equal access in a prompt and equitable manner.
Please click here in order to access MEVSD Board of Education policies.