Regulations for use of School Facilities
- The User assumes and accepts full responsibility for all liability claims arising from the activity, and releases Marysville Exempted Village School District and any of its members, officials, or employees from, agrees that the Marysville Exempted Village School District or any of its members, officials, or employees shall not be liable for, and agrees indemnify and hold the School District and any of its members, officials, or employees harmless against, any loss or damage to property, or injury to or death of any person, that may be occasioned by any cause whatsoever pertaining to the use of facilities and equipment.
- The User assumes full responsibility for the replacement or repair of school property damaged or stolen during the period of the User’s occupancy.
- A certificate of liability insurance or proof of insurance by user must be submitted to the District.
Terms and Conditions for Use of Marysville Exempted Village School District Facilities
- Any contract or privilege granted to any person, group, or organization to use any building or property is non-transferable to any other person, group, or organization.
- The User agrees to assume responsibility for all liabilities arising incident to the occupancy of building or grounds use, it being understood and agreed that the school district assumes no obligation regarding the use of such premises.
- Contracts will be issued for specific areas of the building. It shall be the responsibility of the User to ensure that the remainder of the building is not entered.
- The User shall assume responsibility for securing police protection and/or traffic control when in the school district’s opinion such police attendance is necessary, with costs borne by the renter.
- The User shall be responsible in case of loss or damage to school property as a result of the reservation. Reimbursement to the school district is mandatory. Future use may be denied.
- Alcoholic beverages, unauthorized drugs, profanity, and gambling are prohibited on school property. Smoking is prohibited on any District properties and in any District buildings. Users of the facilities must comply with state and local fire and safety regulations.
- The maximum length of any school rental agreement will be one year.
- Cancellations shall be made through the Central Administrative Office or School Staff member in charge. In case of cancellation, the User will be responsible for any costs to the school district of its personnel prior to the cancellation.
- A deposit covering the facility fee is required in advance. Final payment shall be made by user one week after bill is received from the Central Administrative Offices. Long term renters may arrange monthly payment schedules.
- The Marysville Exempted Village Schools District Board of Education reserves the right to cancel a scheduled use of facilities if such use infringes upon the original and necessary uses of such facilities. School activities shall have a priority over all proposed or scheduled community activities.
- Facilities will not be available on days when school is closed due to weather, mechanical breakdown, school vacations, or holidays, unless agreement is made to hire appropriate personnel.
- When a school activity runs late, the in-coming group must wait patiently for its conclusion. Harassment of the activity by persons of the in-coming group can cause cancellation or approval of any facility.
- All equipment is to be put back exactly where it was located prior to the activity.
- Unless specified, no District equipment should be considered for use unless discussed and agreed upon in the rental agreement.
- Condition of rented areas should be returned to the same status or condition as found (i.e. furniture should be in same location as originally found).
- Shoes with metal heals, toe plates, cleats, or any substance that may damage a floor shall not be worn or used in any building.
- The sponsor chaperone, school custodian, or any other school official is authorized to request anyone to leave school premises, who, by virtue of his/her clothing, physical condition, or actions, is doing damage or is likely to damage or harm a building, its contents, or another participant.
- The School or Central Administrative Office reserves the right to rule on the appropriateness of the activity/event or facility used.
- Fees can be waived or re-evaluated by the Superintendent.
- Supervision of any youth in District buildings is expected at all times.
- Use of a District dumpster is prohibited unless arrangements are made.
- Proof of liability insurance is required with the Marysville Exempted Village School District being named as the additional insured. Limit amounts should be discussed with the Director of Business Services.
- Renter will be billed for personnel during set up and tear down, hourly rental rates may apply.
- A District custodian or school administrator should be present at all times when building is rented and in use.
- Kitchen rental: A District food service person is required to be present during the rental period. If a member of the rental group has taken and passed the Union County Health Department’s Food Safety Course, then no food service personnel will have to be present.
- When other support personnel are required, that individual shall be paid at a rate established by the building administrator.
- Failure to follow all of these stipulations will result in immediate loss of facility use.
- There will be a charge for any large amount of refuse.
- Renters will be required to follow and abide by all laws, rules and regulations that the district must adhere to.
- For fiscal reasons, the district has set up heating and cooling guidelines. These temperatures are 68 degrees for heating and 74 degrees for cooling. Any change that requires additional energy usage will be charged in addition to the agreement.
- When a custodian is needed beyond normal operating hours, there will be a minimum custodial charge of two (2) hours.
A 50% deposit covering the facility rental fee is required in advance. This is an estimate of your charges. Additional custodial/cafeteria personnel charges may apply.
*Make check payable to the Marysville Exempted Village School District - (note the school used)
** Personnel support charges will be based on real and actual hours worked, to include usage over and above stated contract times of use.
Note: School doors will be open only when both the assigned custodian and the User are present. Heat or air conditioning in the buildings is not guaranteed.