The Marysville Schools Receiving Center was created to provide a centralized delivery facility for packages and freight inbound to Marysville Schools. Receiving Center personnel are here to assure goods are received and re-delivered to District facilities as indicated on the school purchase order (PO) or specific addressee on the ship-to label in a safe and expeditious manner.
The primary objectives of our centralized receiving function are to:
- Relieve the buildings of as much delivery “traffic” as possible.
- Accurately document the receiving date, condition of items and handle freight claims.
- Communicate to Budgetary department and authorize payment when all items are received as ordered and payment may be made to vendor.
- Contact vendors when goods are not received as indicated on the PO or if goods are damaged or overdue, and inform school secretary and staff member of delivery status.
- Provide a daily “to-school” delivery service, and to help each building and the District avoid the expense of maintaining separate inventories.
- Pick-up daily outbound US postal mail & distribution of the daily intra-District mail.
- Affix inventory tags and record brief item description, model, serial numbers and location on all goods qualifying as an inventory asset item.