How old does my child need to be in order to attend kindergarten?
· Your child is eligible to attend kindergarten if he/she turns 5 on or before September 30, 2016.
What type of kindergarten does Marysville Exempted Village School District have for students?
· Marysville EVSD offers All Day, Every Day Kindergarten for ALL of our new Monarchs.
When will Kindergarten Registration begin?
· On Monday, February 22nd, parents/guardians may begin calling their residential buildings in order to schedule a Kindergarten Registration appointment.
How long will my Kindergarten Registration appointment last?
· Your registration appointment will take approximately 20 minutes.
Does my child need to attend my Kindergarten Registration appointment?
· No, your child does not need to attend. If needed for childcare purposes, please feel free to bring your child with you. Your child will attend a Kindergarten Readiness Assessment appointment which will take place in August once the school year begins. Your child’s specific assessment date/time will be scheduled at your Kindergarten Registration appointment.
What paperwork will I need to complete and bring with me to my registration appointment?
· Proof of residency: Please provide at least one of the following with your name and address present
o Utility bill (cell phone bill is NOT allowable)
o Mortgage statement
o Lease agreement
· Birth certificate
· Custody paperwork if applicable
Will my child be able to see the elementary building he/she will be attending before their first day of school?
· Yes, in late May, building principals will coordinate an Open House for you and your child to come and visit the school. Building dates/times are yet to be determined and will be communicated with you during your Kindergarten Registration appointment.