A Superintendent's Redistricting Task Force has worked through the redistricting process and was comprised of parent representatives from each building, the Director of Transportation, the District Enrollment Specialist, the Elementary Principals, and the Assistant Superintendent. Marysville Schools also partnered with Cooperative Strategies, an experienced and knowledgeable company who specializes in redistricting school districts across the country. We would like to say a special thank you to our parent representatives from each building who served on the Task Force as your insights, problem solving and collaborative skills were top-notch.
Below is the process which was followed along with the approved 2020-2021 Elementary Boundaries:
- November 2019: Task Force meetings to form map options
- December 2019: Provide opportunities for community feedback in regards to map options via an online survey as well as in-person opportunities; see information below in regards to the Open Forums/Locations/Times as well as the online survey
- January 2020: Task Force review of feedback; adjustment to maps if applicable
- January/February 2020: Task Force makes a final recommendation to the Superintendent
- February 2020: Superintendent makes a final recommendation to the Board of Education
- By March 18, 2020 or sooner: Students/families affected by redistricting will receive a letter/communication
- May 2020: Principals will hold transitional Open Houses for students/families
COMMUNITY FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITIES:
- December 9, 2019: Raymond Elementary 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- December 11, 2019: Edgewood Elementary 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- December 16, 2019: Northwood Elementary 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- December 17, 2019: Navin Elementary 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- December 18, 2019: Mill Valley Elementary 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- December 2019 through January 2, 2020: Online Survey
APPROVED 2020-2021 ELEMENTARY BOUNDARIES
CLICK HERE to access the Board of Education Meeting presentation
CLICK HERE to access the approved 2020-2021 Elementary Boundaries
CLICK HERE - Mapping Tool Regarding 2019-2020 AND 2020-2021 Elementary Boundaries (can check to see if affected by redistricting)
Continue to visit this website for updates as this district news article will be updated as new information becomes available.
1. When was the last time Marysville Schools implemented redistricting for the elementary buildings?
2. What is the minimum amount of years Marysville Schools want this redistricting adjustment to last?
Answer: Minimum of 4 to 5 years