What Is BASE?
BASE stands for Bunsold After School Enrichment.
BASE is an after school program for 7th and 8th graders that will operate at Bunsold Middle School Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from school dismissal until 6:00 PM on all regularly scheduled school days. Parents must arrange transportation for their student.
BASE provides a healthy snack, an opportunity for homework, tutoring and/or academic intervention from certified teachers and an opportunity to participate in recreation with many organizations.
BASE is a partnership with Bunsold Middle School, the SACC Program, the Ohio Department of Education, and Community Partners such as Richwood Bank, the Hope Center, Union County YMCA, CrossFit 184, Union County Health Department, The Mental Health and Recovery Board of Union County.
BASE is an after school program licensed by the Ohio Department of Education, supported by the Ohio Afterschool Network and the Marysville Schools.
What are the goals of the BASE program?
The goals of the BASE program are to...
- Help students who are struggling in reading and math achieve better grades and gain confidence in these and other academic subjects
- Provide students with recreational and social experiences that help them feel connected with their school, develop a positive self-image and learn to work cooperatively with other students and adults
- Allow service-learning and volunteer opportunities to foster a sense of community and a sense of self-worth
- Offer a safe, structured, supervised after school program for Bunsold Students
- Encourage family involvement through good communication, opportunities for volunteerism and fun and exciting family nights
Registration is accepted on a first come, first served basis. There is a program maximum enrollment number, which will not be exceeded.
All students must register through the BASE program. This program does not allow students to "drop-in."
To sign up for the BASE program, contact the SACC Office or the BASE program.
Registration deadline is the 20th of each month. All program fees must be paid monthly and before that day to secure your student's spot. A waitlist is available.
The cost for the BASE program is $150.00 per student, per month. Students with an IEP, 504 Plan, free or reduced lunch, below proficient on state testing or with a teacher recommendation are eligible for a full scholarship.
Fees are payable through EZPay, at the SACC Office or at the BASE program site.
To find out if you qualify for scholarship, talk with your student's English Language Arts or Math teacher, the BASE Program Coordinator or the SACC Office.