Student Halloween Costume Expectations
In an effort to enjoy and celebrate Halloween at Creekview Intermediate appropriately, respectfully, and in accordance with school rules, we ask that students use the following guidelines when selecting a costume:
- No head coverings unless it is part of the costume, NO masks or Full face paint. Staff members must be able to identify students
- Costumes that are provocative, revealing, sexual in nature, or employ questionable props are not permitted.
- Costumes that depict violence, alcohol, or drugs are not permitted. Fake weapons are not allowed.
- Costumes that could be offensive or perpetuate a stereotype of someone's culture, gender, heritage, or religion are not permitted.
- Costumes should not hinder your ability to participate in your classes, including P.E. Costumes may not disrupt or impede traffic, or present issues of safety in the hallway.
If you have any questions regarding the appropriateness of your costume idea, we encourage you to speak your teachers.
Talking points for teachers and parents to assist in this teachable moment.
Remind students of their audience in the building (students, teachers, parents, community members,)
This is a school—what may be appropriate in pop culture or the media may not be appropriate for a place of learning.
We are a community, and we want students to think about how their costume choices may impact others within this community.
Thank you for taking the time to help our students understand these guidelines